Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My old Kentucky home.  It's gone now, the house and buildings torn down and someone else lives there. But it will always be my home. I can remember every thing about it. I remember every room and what was in it, I remember the yard and the flowers Mommy loved so much. I remember the barn, and my niece Sondra and I jumping to the barn floor from the loft.  Yes, we got caught, and chastised and warned the we could 'break a leg'. But it didn't stop us.  I remember the mountain, every tree, rock and valley.
The images are clear and perfect in my mind and no one can take it away from me, ever.

Yes, when I think that it is no longer in our family, and I will never actually be there again, it will never be the same again; I do feel empty inside. I feel the pain of loss deeply and have to fight back tears. Then I go there, in my imagination, and I feel the peace and comfort that I had as a child growing up in my old Kentucky home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment